Where I've Been

Where I've Been
Where I've Been

Monday, July 24, 2017

Privacy is Good

I backed a campaign on Indiegogo a while back for creators of a super thin, as small as possible webcam cover, and they arrived today, and I'm quite pleased. They are so thin that they were mailed in a standard envelope. I've already handed two of them over to family members and will be using up the last three in short order for my own devices and one more family member.

In case you are not aware, webcams can be hacked and controlled without you even knowing. In this day and age, you really have to protect yourself. Software isn't always the solution, and sometimes a simple piece of tape is all you need. However, when you do want to use your webcam, you really don't want tape residue making the image bad, so enter the webcam sliders. There have been a lot of models made to date, but this one is by far the best I've seen thus far.


Each one is only 1 mm thick, and the opening is just slightly larger than a standard webcam. I believe they actually come in a few colors as well.


So if you are interested in keeping just a little more privacy, or are concerned that you might not have the level you think you have, you might want to get some of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment