Where I've Been

Where I've Been
Where I've Been

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Uber Las Vegas

I recently posted about how Uber is a double-edged sword, but I have to say my Uber experiences in Las Vegas have been pretty good. The longest I've had to wait for an Uber  has been 8 minutes, and every driver has been personable and helpful. I got great suggestions for restaurants and things to do.

One of my Uber drivers was Westley Stevens--apparently he and Lionel Richie had a bet going about who could earn the most while driving for Uber, or something. I think we was just trying to pay the bills. Regardless, he was quite entertaining and had a fun story to tell.

I had recommendations for Casa Don Juan where I had the chicken mole, and another recommendation for The Cornish Pasty Co where I had a pepper steak pasty. I strongly recommend both restaurants to anyone visiting Las Vegas.



And I definitely learned that I do not need to drive in Vegas with the convenience of Uber. And because everything is so close to the strip, most rides are less than $10, and even cheaper if you go with the Uber Pool option. The Pool option also has a high probability of meeting some fun people as well. I met a couple from Arizona that were really enjoying their time in Vegas and just happy as all get out. Today I shared a ride with a couple young women that were staying at my same hotel and were obviously enjoying their time in Vegas--interestingly they were returning from the grocery store with a couple shopping bags of groceries because they didn't want to go out to eat at restaurants. And I shared a ride with a guy that was there to see his son who played football for the University of Nevada and who was being recruited for the NFL.

It is amazing how much people can tell you about themselves in a short 10 minute ride when they are happy and willing to share. Surprisingly none of these people were on their phones during the rides preferring to chat with a complete stranger instead. Almost makes me think driving for Uber could be a lot of fun, at least in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment