Where I've Been

Where I've Been
Where I've Been

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Animation

Early on in my computer career, I started exploring the world of animating on the computer. I had already been an AutoCAD draftsman for a few years and had worked my way through several versions, so the concept of dealing with wireframe meshes and the like was easy enough for me to grok when it came to animation programs. The program that I ended up using is called Poser, and I'm not sure how many versions I've gone through, but I think I'm currently on version 7. I haven't updated in quite some time because it has grown more and more expensive over the years, and I simply don't have the time to play as much as I used to.

I created this short animation for a good friend of mine. There is a great deal of animation in this short 6 second clip, so to see it all, you have to put it on loop and watch closely. The most subtle aspect is its breathing. Look closely to see it. I haven't done any animating in a very long time. Instead, I've done mostly still shots to create top-down objects for virtual tabletops. Several of which are posted over at the Dundjinni forums.


No comments:

Post a Comment