Where I've Been

Where I've Been
Where I've Been

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

When Things Go Very Wrong

Sometimes things can go very wrong while traveling. I have been learning how to drive crutches thanks to a terrible accident involving a broken toe. How did I break my toe? I stubbed my foot on the leg of the couch in my hotel room. It was an incredibly good(?) shot because I hit the corner of the leg in such a way that it snapped my toes apart cracked the bone. At one point my foot had swollen so much that it was pushing against my shoe. On the plus side, I should be able to get pre-boarding on my return flight. Please note, I don't recommend going this route just to get a better seat.

Hobbling around on crutches is not a fun experience, especially if you've never used them before. But the really good lesson has been how to get medical help while traveling, and just how long it takes. You really appreciate home and the resources that you take for granted.

The next eight weeks are going to be quite interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment